A couple of months ago the Duchess and Duke of Cambridge (aka Kate Middleton and Prince William) announced the birth of their second child: Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte (Elizabeth Diana) of Cambridge 🙂
But, have you ever wondered how much you actually know about the British Royal family? So, it’s time you found out and that’s why we have prepared a super quiz for you all! How many do you reckon you can get correct?
Have a go on your own or bet with your friends (since we are talking about English people you may as well adopt their customs! 😛 ), the answers will be posted at the very bottom of the page so you can check but no cheating guys!!!
1. Which of the following is the Queen’s private residence?
a) Balmoral Castle; b) Windsor Castle; c) Buckingham Palace
2. Royal weddings generate souvenirs. What was the first royal wedding commemorated by mass-produced souvenirs?
a) George, Prince of Wales and Princess Caroline of Brunswick in 1795
b) Princess Charlotte of Wales and Prince Leopold of Saxe-Coburg in 1816
c) Queen Victoria and Prince Albert in 1840
3. Which is the following is not among Prince William’s given names?
4. Who once said of Prince Charles, “You can’t possibly be king with ears like that!”
a) No one, it’s a fabrication
b) Prince Philip
c) Lord Louis Mountbatten
5. The Queen famously referred to a difficult year of her reign as her “annus horribilis.” What year was she referring to?
a) 1992, the year Charles and Diana separated
b) 1993, the year she started paying taxes
c) 1997, the year Diana died
6. There is no doubt that the Queen is a wealthy woman, but it is impossible to know precisely how much she is worth. In 1989, Fortune magazine tried to figure it out. What amount did they come up with?
7. The Royal yacht Britannia has only one double bed. All the other beds are single. Why?
a) By tradition, only the Queen and Philip were entitled to a double bed.
b) Prince Charles ordered the double bed for his honeymoon cruise with Diana.
c) The Queen Mother had it installed after she fell out of a single bed once too often.
8. The Queen is the longest reigning monarch in Europe. Who is in second spot for longevity?
a) King Albert II of Belgium
b) King Juan Carlos of Spain
c) Queen Margrethe II of Denmark
9. Which of the following is not among the charities Prince William supports?
a) The Welsh Rugby Union
b) 100 Women in Hedge Funds’ Philanthropic Initiatives
c) The Royal British Legion
10. Prince Harry is William’s younger brother. Harry, however, is a nickname. What is his real name?
11. Which of the following is the Queen’s official residence?
a) St. James’s Palace
b) Buckingham Palace
c) Windsor Castle
12. How many rooms are there at Buckingham Palace?
13. How many Commonwealth countries, other than the U.K., recognize the Queen as head of state?
14. In what language other than English is the Queen fluent?
15. The Queen owns all the sturgeons, porpoises and whales in the waters around the U.K. True or false?
16. Which of the following European monarchs is not directly related to the Queen?
a) King Juan Carlos of Spain
b) Prince Albert II of Monaco
c) King Harald V of Norway
17. Of how many countries is the Queen head of state?
18. How many prime ministers have served under the Queen?
19. Who is The Keeper of the Royal Conscience?
A. The Archbishop of Canterbury
B. Prince Philip
C. The Prince of Wales
D. Ken Clarke
20. How old was the Queen when she came to the throne?
Have you got your answers? Don’t scroll down if you don’t or you’ll see them and end up the fun! 😉
Hope you’ve liked today’s post! Let us know comments and results in the comment section below!
ANSWERS: 1a 2b 3a 4c 5a 6c 7b 8c 9c 10b 11c 12a 13b 14b 15True 16b 17c 18a 19d 20d